This page contains national, state, and county-specific contact information and reference websites to provide members a quick reference tool for responding to issues associated with COVID-19.
In a recent COVID-19 Task Force press conference, President Trump emphasized the importance of contacting your local government, for specific protocols, preventative measures, supplies, and more. AAGO is here for you, and below, you will find a compilation of federal, state and county-specific references and resources to help you mitigate COVID-19.
Federal resources include, COVID-19 resources that explain virus contraction, how to protect yourself and others, NLIHC's "covered properties" data base link, as well as, information released by NAA relating to the CARES Act restriction and protections, proper resident communications, and other regulatory related responses.
The U.S. Surgeon General on How to Make a Homemade Facial Covering
Joint Information Center on COVID-19
- Contact Information: (850) 815-4940
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
US Department of Labor- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Contact Information: (800) 321-6742
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- CISA is responsible for identifying the "essential workforce," and has released guidance and essential services information on their website (linked above). Florida's Stay at Home Order follows CISA guidance in defining essential businesses and workforce personnel.
NAA Guidance on Reopening Office and Amenity Spaces
NaA Guidance for Dealing with the Coronavirus
- Guidance- Rent Collections Amid COVID-19
- NAA has released guidance on handling rent payments during the pandemic. It is important to note that several provisions in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), prohibit "covered" properties from filing evictions for non-payment of rent.
- This federal eviction suspension took effect on March 27, 2020, and extends 120 days.
NAA Analysis of Phase 3- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- NAA's analysis includes information pertinent to individuals, housing, taxes, and small business.
NAA Payment Plan Agreement and Notice of Temporary Waiver of Late Fees
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: COVID-19 Resources
National Low Income Housing Coalition- Multifamily Properties subject to Federal Eviction Moratoriums
State resources include Florida's COVID-19 Dashboard Tracker, a variety of state departments all of which are working collectively to develop COVID-19 related policy, as well as, information released by the Florida Apartment Association.
- Coronavirus Call Center- (866) 779-6121
- COVID-19 Resource Toolkit
Florida Division of Emergency Management
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Florida Housing Finance Corporation
- The FHFC has helpful resources for residents, as well as developers, property managers, and owners. They have provided updates on both their Multifamily Programs and Compliance and Asset Management.
- Read about FHFC's recent (Weds. April 29, 2020) Emergency Ruling on Rent Increases.
FAA on What to Consider When Reopening your Amenities
- This article contains a multitude of resources that contain guidance pertinent to the reopening of gyms and fitness centers, pools, and other amenity spaces. It is important to note that none of this information intends to serve as legal advice and strictly for informational use only. Both FAA and AAGO encourage members to contact their legal counsel on matters pertaining to these.
Local resources include information on County and Municipal Emergency Orders, as well as, contact information for each of our five counties Department of Health and Emergency Management.
FAA Local Government COVID-19 Policy Tracker
- FAA is working with local affiliates to maintain a running spreadsheet of all local emergency orders/policies in place throughout the state.
INSTITUTE FOR COUNTY GOVERNMENT's County COVID-19 Policies & Orders
- ICG has compiled all policies/orders in place (by County) throughout the state. It continues to be updated in real-time.
Emergency Management By County Listing
|Orange||Department of Health||(407) 723-5004||Orange County Department of Health|
|Emergency Management||(407) 836-9140||Orange County Emergency Management|
|Osceola||Department of Health||(407) 343-2000||Osceola Department of Health|
|Emergency Management||(407) 742-9000||Osceola County Emergency Management|
|Seminole||Department of Health||(407) 665-3000||Seminole County Department of Health|
|Emergency Management||(407) 665-5102||Seminole County Emergency Management|
|Lake||Department of Health||(352) 589-6424||Lake County Department of Health|
|Emergency Management||(352) 343-9420||Lake County Emergency Management|
|Volusia||Department of Health||(386) 274-0500|
|Emergency Management||(386) 254-1500||Volusia County Emergency Management|
Looking for resources related to County-issued reopening Orders?
County Emergency and Reopening Orders
Looking for additional Amenity Reopenings Resources?