Take a quick Peak-A-BOO! ...Looza...
Take a look at some of the fresh and inventive marketing strategies our LAP attendees learned about, below!
Selling the Experience
The wonderful Ms. Wood offered her marketing knowledge on the importance of online curb appeal. She emphasized the importance of moving away from the mindset of simply selling a product, and instead focusing on making your customer feel valued.
- Above all else, people will remember the way you made them feel, prioritize this!
- Add individual flavor to your community
- I.E., create a signature community scent for your apartment models.
Online Reputation Management
The humorous Mr. Hamburger covered what you can do to positively impact your online reviews through your Zero Moment of Truth (ZMOT).
- Your zero moment of truth is what people are saying about you and your business before you interact with them.
- As a customer or consumer, you contribute to a company's ZMOT with the research you conduct prior to making a decision.
Aren't convinced your ZMOT is important? Take a look at this statistic.
- 88% of US consumers engage in ZMOT prior to making a final purchasing decision. This is especially important to the apartment industry. Why? With the cost of living on the rise, potential residents are researching and shopping around in extreme detail prior to making their final "place to call home" decision.
- Take a look at your ZMOT
- A R M
- Ask for reviews
- Reply to all reviews
- Monitor all channels
The Customer's Journey
Ms. Dunaway took the stage introducing the audience to some of the most important things you can do in this all-digital age. First, recognize the importance of catering to your potential audience's preferences. Now, read that again.
Don't know where to start? Take a look at your digital footprint and audience demographics. For example, Gen Z's prefer to be completely mobile, they tend not to use computers, so ensuring your community website is compatible with varying electronic preferences.
The Road Map to a Successful Website
- Improve your Google Search
- Maximize your Website
- Prioritize Online Reviews
- Welcome Social Stalking
Taking the main stage Ms. Troisien captivated the audience with her lesson on story-telling and the growing importance of our industry's ability to do so. In today's society, everyone wants authenticity and couple that with extremely short attention spans, we must rise to the challenge of establishing a valuable connection with our audience.
Whether you are attempting to appeal to ethos (credibility), logos (logic), or pathos (emotion), your ability to create a lasting impression on your prospects will make a world of a difference in your follow-through value.
- Customers want to know the "how" not the "what"
- "Who are you and why should I lease from you?"
- Perfect your attention-grabber elevator pitch!
- Create a pocketbook of stories that sell your value and yourself.
- Take your disadvantages and reframe them to work to your advantage.
- Be. Authentic.