Coronavirus Quick References, Association Protocol, Programming, and Procedural Updates
Information on this page continues to be updated in real-time. Please note, while many of the resources are open to the public some, especially those of a sensitive nature are limited to AAGO Members and require a login.
External Quick Reference Links
The dashboard above gives you the ability to zoom in and click on various counties throughout the state for localized case information.
AAGO Quick Reference Links
A Message from Governor DeSantis
Adjustments to Association Protocols and Programming
- ALL MEETINGS (one on one, small group, etc.) will be held virtually, and the AAGO HQ will not be open to visitors through the end of June 2020.
- The AAGO team is here for you during this trying time and will be available to meet virtually, via phone, etc. and will remain accessible to members and prospective members!
- Per CDC and FDOH recommendations, all association staff will be adhering to social-distancing guidelines.
- Until further notice, we will be discouraging handshaking, hugging, or close physical contact. It is recommended that attendees and members follow similar protocols.
- Enhanced sanitation regimes have been implemented throughout the AAGO HQ including frequent wipe downs of hard and soft surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, etc. We ask your cooperation in following safe hygiene practices to protect yourself and to prevent the spread of the virus.
Rescheduled/Postponed Events and Programming
- Business Exchange Virtual Conference (originally scheduled for June 20th)- Has been rescheduled and will not take place virtually, July 6th through July 17th.
- Reinvented, reimagined, and completely transformed to fit everyone's virtual needs, AAGO's 2020 Business Exchange Virtual Conference, is NOT one to be missed. View additional information and registration options, here.
- Maintenance Appreciation (scheduled for March 24th) has been postponed - new date TBA.
- "Game On" Trade Show (scheduled for April 21st) has been rescheduled to take place on September 22nd, 2020.
- All scheduled in-person classes, meetings, and events through June will be held virtually or will be rescheduled/canceled.
- Currently registered students and attendees will be notified by AAGO staff ASAP.
Understandably, there is growing concern about the virus and potential impacts on industry programs and events. The National Apartment Association held a webinar (geared towards property management) on March 10th, 2020. A recording of that call is available to NAA members through their website.
We are currently evaluating options for upcoming events. At this time, out of an abundance of caution, all events through the end of April 2020 have been postponed to a later date. Preventive measures will be employed for AAGO classes and committee meetings once in-person programming resumes. We will advise on upcoming programs as appropriate courses of action are determined. The Association will be monitoring the COVID-19 issue carefully, following official guidance, and will work with volunteer leaders to implement the appropriate program and operational protocols.
It important to note that The Apartment Association of Greater Orlando, Florida Apartment Association, and National Apartment Association are not experts in, nor licensed to, provide medical or epidemiological advice/guidance. As such, it is imperative that you follow the guidance of official governmental entities such as those listed above.