A Brand New Virtual Experience
The Mid Florida Housing Summit has been designed to give attendees a better perspective of the current rental housing market and a vision for the future. Our expert presenters will answer the following questions (and more) in this engaging virtual experience...
- Can the Tampa Bay and Orlando regions anticipate continued unprecedented population growth?
- Will the affordable housing crisis be lessened or exacerbated in the aftermath of COVID19?
- Will development and multifamily transactions continue at the same pace?
- How has the legal landscape changed?
No doubt, the pandemic has created significant challenges, but as with all major shifts, it will also create new opportunities.
This event is well suited to property management practitioners in a multi-site, development, or ownership role, but is open to all apartment industry and associate/supplier professionals. AAGO and BAAA members will receive special "members only" pricing.
To purchase a sponsorship simply click "Registration" on this page and then select "Sponsorship Opportunities."
Please note that speakers, topics, and times are subject to change.
Tuesday, October 6th
9:00 AM -10:00 AM- The State of the Market: A National and Regional Focus
Sponsored by Redi Carpet!
- Christopher Bruen, Director of Research, The National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- Jordan Brooks, Lead Market Analyst, ALN Apartment Data, Inc.
11:00 AM- 12:00 PM- Multifamily Developers Panel: Is the pipeline flowing or slowing?
Sponsored by DMI Paving & Sealcoating!
- Moderator - Mark Ogier, Principal, ContraVest
- Kurt Kehoe, VP of Development, NRP Group
- Mike Mulhall, Managing Director, DHI Communities
- Shawn Wilson, President & CEO, BlueSky Communities
12:00 PM- 1:00 PM- Special Report: The True Cost of Housing
- Presenter- Amanda Gill, Director of Government Affairs, The Florida Apartment Association (FAA)
Wednesday, October 7th
9:00 AM- 10:00 AM- Eviction Friction: Legal Issues in the Age of COVID-19
Stick around after the session for a special guest meet & greet that will brighten your day!
- Harry Heist, Esq., The Law Offices of Heist, Weisse, and Wolk, P.A.
- Ryan McCain, Esq., Barfield/McCain, P.A.
11:00 AM- 12:00 PM- Affordable, Attainable, Essential: How do we address the housing crisis going forward?
Sponsored by ALN Apartment Data!
- Moderator- Amanda Gill, Director of Government Affairs The Florida Apartment Association
- Bonnie Smetzer, Partner/Executive Vice President JMG Realty, Inc.
- Mitchell Glasser, Manager of Housing & Community Development Orange County Government
- Trey Price, Executive Director, Florida Housing Finance Corporation
2:00 PM- 3:00 PM- Our Crystal Ball: Forecasting the Future of the Rental Housing Market.
Sponsored by 407apartments!
- Amir Hazan, Vice President of Investments Beachwold Residential
- Luke Wickham, Senior Managing Director Institutional Property Advisors
- Tracy Bowers, Executive Managing Director, RangeWater
- Chip Tatum, Chief Executive Officer, The Apartment Association of Greater Orlando
- Russ Webb, Executive Director, The Bay Area Apartment Association