Lions, Tigers & Bears - Don't Lie!
Assistance Animals 101
INSTRUCTOR: Paul Valenti, Director of Office of Human Rights, Pinellas County Government
Class Time: 10:00 AM- 11:00 AM
Continuing Education Credit: 1.00
Service and Support Animals under the Fair Housing Act (FHA)
Participants of this webinar will learn:
- The basics of FHA reasonable accommodation requests for persons with disabilities;
- When documentation may be requested in support of such requests, and what documentation is sufficient;
- Difference between service animals under ADA and service/support animals under FHA;
- Newly issued HUD guidance on service and support animals, and what has changed; and
- The interplay between the FHA and Florida’s statute prohibiting false assertion of service animal status.
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions throughout the discussion.
FREE for Members!
Login information for the webinar will be sent out once you register!
For More Information:
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Paul Valenti became Director of Pinellas County’s Office of Human Rights in January of 2012. Before his tenure with Pinellas County, he served as the Manager of Lee County’s Office of Equal Opportunity, a position he assumed in June of 2005. Prior to working for Lee County, Paul worked for the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights & Opportunities.
Paul is a graduate of the University of Connecticut and Quinnipiac University School of Law. He is licensed to practice law in Florida and Connecticut, and is admitted before the United States Supreme Court.