Fair Housing and Beyond
With Doug Chasick, The Fair Housing Institute Inc.
This interactive session uses dvd-delivered scenarios to demonstrate how real life situations require critical thinking and prudent decision making. It vividly shows the serious consequences of incorrect responses and provides coaching on how to avoid costly mistakes. This session delivers relevant knowledge of fair housing essentials-practical explanations of how federal, state, and local protected classes and barred discriminatory acts impact property operations.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify classes protected under federal anti-discrimination law
- Identify state or local government protections that may exceed federal protections
- Explain how fair housing rights extend to all residents and guests of lease signatories
- Recognize the difference in discrimination between “differential treatment” and “disparate impact”
- Define “reasonability” in terms of reasonable accommodations and modifications
- Identify the need for Fair Housing education of staff, the property owner, and the vendors contracted to the property
- Identify excuses and justifications for discriminatory practices in order to remove them
If you’re a regional manager, community manager, leasing consultant, maintenance technician, or supplier partner we recommend this course!
$99 for APASS
$109 Members/$119 Non Members