We are now accepting nominations for the
2018 AAGO Board of Directors.
Open Board Positions:
- Management Director - 3 Positions
- Associate (Supplier) Director - 1 Position
All candidates (supplier or management) are asked to submit the following (Deadline to submit is June 30th, 2017):
- A letter stating your interest in serving on the Board, why you are interested, your association volunteer experience, and your commitment to serve if selected.
- A letter from your immediate supervisor and/or upper management stating that you will be given the time necessary to completely fulfill the duties of a director on the Board. Officers or owners of companies are exempt from this requirement. (The AAGO Board meets Approximately once per quarter, but additional meetings may be called at the discretion of the President.)
- Completion of the FAA or NAA Leadership Lyceum Program is not required, but is strongly encouraged.
- Your resume.
- Complete an electronic questionnaire that will be emailed after your nomination has been submitted.
Additional Criteria (Officer Positions):
There will be one officer position to be filled for the 2018 Executive Committee. To be eligible any candidate must have previously completed a full term on the AAGO Board of Directors or will have completed a full term prior to 2018. All officer candidates will be interviewed by the Nominating Committee during the month of July 2017.
Open officer position for 2018:
- Associates Vice President: This person must currently serve in a supplier role (provider of products/services to the apartment industry). 1 year term with up to 2 years total commitment.
The deadline to submit your interest in serving on the Board is Friday, June 30th, 2017.
The Apartment Association of Greater Orlando is a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to improving the apartment industry in central Florida. AAGO is governed by a 21-member Board of Directors who set policy, strategically plan for the future, establish an annual budget and monitor the financial and operational soundness of the organization.
The Nominating Committee will review, consider, and/or interview nominees during the month of July. The Nominating Committee is being chaired by Kimberly Hackett-Maggard, CAPS, AAGO Immediate Past President – Royal American Management.
AAGO members in good standing are eligible to become candidates for any open Board positions by indicating their interest. Candidates who have served in AAGO committee or leadership roles are encouraged to contact AAGO no later than Friday, June 30th, 2017 by writing, emailing, or faxing:
Chip Tatum, Chief Executive Officer/EVP
340 N. Maitland Avenue
Maitland, FL 32751
Email: Chip Tatum