Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS)
Set yourself apart from the crowd as a nationally recognized CAS designate!
2022 CAS SCHEDULE *Dates are subject to change*
The first session for the fall program starts Wednesday, August 10th
A valued supplier partner has a deep understanding of the apartment industry. This course helps you gain that insight so you can better position your products and services to meet industry needs. This course is ideal for new salespeople and helps industry veterans gain further knowledge of apartment community operations.
Earning CAS allows you to network with your peers from other companies, learn about the benefits and activities your local apartment association offers and engage in apartment association meetings and events. The course is an opportunity for suppliers to hear the everyday challenges faced by apartment-manager customers.
You'll learn about:
- Applicant screening, leasing contracts, and move-ins
- Rent collection, lease renewal, the move-out process, lease termination, and eviction
- Property management systems and their functions
- How community managers create a positive fair housing environment
- Minimizing risk through inspections, preventative maintenance, safety programs, and documentation
- Addressing property and environmental hazards and crime
- Analyzing property financial operations and underperformance
- Monitoring property performance to achieve an owner's investment goals
- Maximizing net operating income
- August 10 - Industry Essentials & Financials
- September 22 - Risk Management & Legal
- October 11 - Resident Experience
To obtain the CAS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Complete the Suppler Success Course
- Employment within the apartment industry in a supplier position
- Successful completion of all CAS coursework (totaling 26 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
$499 for APASS Subscribers
$599 Member / $899 Non-Member
Interested in sponsoring this class? Click "register now" for sponsorship opportunities!