Call for Nominations - 2020 AAGO Board of Directors
We are now accepting nominations for the 2020 AAGO Board of Directors.
Open Board (Director) Positions:
- Management Director - 4 Positions (Property management professionals)
- Associate (Supplier) Director - 2 Positions (Providers of products and/or services to the apartment industry)
All candidates (supplier or management) are asked to submit the following by Friday, June 28th, 2019:
- A completed electronic nomination form (see link below).
- A letter from your immediate supervisor and/or upper management stating that you will be given the time necessary to completely fulfill the duties of a director on the Board. Officers, senior management or owners of companies are exempt from this requirement. (The AAGO Board meets approximately once per quarter, but additional meetings may be called at the discretion of the President.)
- Your resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
- Complete an electronic questionnaire that will be emailed after your nomination has been submitted.
Completion of the FAA or NAA Leadership Lyceum Program is not required, but is strongly encouraged.
Management and Associate/Supplier Directors serve 1 year terms with a maximum of 3 consecutive terms (years) per the AAGO bylaws.
Current directors do not need to resubmit interest in serving on the Board for the next term.
Open Officer Position for 2020:
- Associates Vice President (AVP): The AVP is the supplier voice on the Executive Committee and serves a 1 year term with the possibility of serving a maximum of 2 terms. AVP is also the Chair of the Associates Council and has full voting privileges along with the other officers on the Executive Committee.
Candidates for officer (Executive Committee) level positions should be aware that, with potential advancement, a total time commitment of service can be in excess of 6 years.
Additional Criteria (Officer Positions):
There will be one officer position to be filled for the 2020 Executive Committee. To be eligible any candidate must have previously completed a full term on the AAGO Board of Directors or will have completed a full term prior to 2020. All officer candidates will be interviewed by the Nominating Committee during the month of July 2019. (Date TBA.)
The deadline to submit your interest in serving on the Board is Monday, June 28th, 2019.
The Apartment Association of Greater Orlando is a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to improving the apartment industry in central Florida. AAGO is governed by a 21-member Board of Directors who set policy, strategically plan for the future, establish an annual budget and monitor the financial and operational soundness of the organization.
The Nominating Committee will review, consider, and/or interview nominees during the month of July.
AAGO members in good standing are eligible to become candidates for any open Board positions by indicating their interest. Candidates who have served in AAGO committee or leadership roles are encouraged to submit their interest by completing this form.