Fair Housing: Deep Dive into Disparate Impact and ADA Compliance PART ONE
With Joseph Cordova, Esq., Florida Legal Services
In this interactive presentation, you will learn some of the common fair housing issues that face our industry. You will see first hand how to navigate fair housing laws in this comprehensive seminar facilitated by fair housing legal expert, Joseph Cordova, Esq.
You'll learn how to:
- Identify classes protected under federal anti-discrimination law
- Identify state and local government protections that may exceed federal protections
- Explain how fair housing rights extend to all residents and guests of lease signatories
- Recognize the difference in discrimination between “differential treatment” and “disparate impact”
- Define “reasonability” in terms of reasonable accommodations and modifications
- Identify the need for Fair Housing education of staff, the property owner, and the vendors contracted to the property
- Identify excuses and justifications for discriminatory practices in order to remove them
This class is ideal for Leasing Professionals, Assistant Managers, Community Managers, Regional Managers and Associate Members.
This is a two-part series.
Part One: May 12th 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Part Two: May 19th 11:00 am -12:30 pm
Cost for the series:
Free for APASS Subscribers
$29 for Members/$99 for Non-Members
This class is sponsored by
For More Information:
This information is presented by the Florida Legal Services. Florida Legal Services is a statewide leader in advancing economic, social and racial justice. They advocate for poor, vulnerable and hard to reach people through impact litigation, legislative and administrative advocacy, education, and strategic partnerships.