Fast-track your CAPS designation with CAPS Express!
Instructor: Alexandra Jackiw, Chief Operating Officer at Hayes Gibson Property Services.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dates and times subject to change)
Continuing Education Credit: 6.00
The Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) designation was developed for Regional/District Managers, Maintenance Directors, Mid-Upper Level Management, Marketing Directors, and those aspiring to move to that level. Industry experience requirement is either CAM®, ARM®, RAM® with 2 years of apartment management experience OR a Property Supervisor with 2 years of multi-site experience. Earning your CAPS takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential.
During CAPS Express, you will learn....
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing,
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours), and
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy.
- Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for each module
- Cost: APASS: $1,350 | Member Pricing:$1,500 | Non-Member Pricing: $1,899
- CEC: 6
- Prerequisite: Must have worked as a multi-site supervisor for 24 months or be a CAM, ARM, or RAM designate in good standing with 24 months of management experience.
- Completion Requires: Five courses listed above (which total 40 hours), and meeting all examination requirements within 6 months of declaring candidacy.
- Candidacy Period: 6 months
- Extensions: 2 extensions; 6 months each; fee $75
- Exam: 160 questions; 4 hours; $100 retake fee
- Renewal: Annual; fee $100; 8 CECs; $50 reinstatement fee
This class is ideal for Regional/District Managers, Maintenance Directors, Mid-Upper Level Management, and Marketing Directors.
Please note: This is a hybrid course offered in-person and virtually. In-person is strongly encouraged.
A major THANK YOU to our incredible Sponsors for supporting CAPS!
CAPS Express will be instructed by Alex Jackiw CAPS, CPM, C3P
Alex Jackiw is the Chief Operating Officer of Hayes Gibson Property Services. She was the 2013 Chairman of the Board for NAA. She is an Assistant Professor at Ball State University in the Residential Property Management program. Alex is also a licensed real estate broker and holds the Certified Property Manager (CPM®) and CAPS® designations. She has a Master’s Degree in Education.
- Members: $1,499
- APASS Exclusive: $1,349
- Non-Members: $1,899