CAM - Certified Apartment Manager
Set yourself apart from the crowd as a nationally recognized CAM designate!
Module I of our spring offering of CAM starts Friday, March 11, 2022
The Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) is a vital link between the resident and the community owners and investors. Earning your CAM credential gives you the knowledge to increase your community’s net operating income. Whether you’re new to apartment management or a long-time property manager, you’ll enhance your skills, knowledge, and ability to effectively manage an apartment community and achieve its owners’ investment goals.
Earning your CAM credential allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and ability to manage an apartment community and achieve owners’ investment goals.
You'll learn about:
- Occupancy rates
- Comprehensive marketing plans
- Sales team management and product readiness
- Equitable treatment of current and potential residents
- Resident retention and the maintenance of a positive company image
- Consistent and ongoing resident communication
- Positive resident service and issue resolution
- Enforcement of company policy in compliance with laws and regulations
- Property inspections
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Service request process
- Apartment turnover process
- Contractors and vendors
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training of high-caliber employees
- Systematic employee evaluation
- Employment regulations and record-keeping
- Analysis of the property’s financial operations with corrective actions for underperformance
- Monitoring of property performance to achieve the owner’s investment goals
- Accounting principles and practices
- Maximizing net operating income
- Reporting property performance honestly and accurately
Interested in sponsoring one of these classes? Select "Register Now" for sponsorship opportunities.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Affinity Waste Solutions
- Members: $975
- APASS Exclusive: $875
- Non-Members: $1,449
Spring Program Schedule *Dates are subject to change*
- March 11 - Industry Essentials and Financials
- March 24 - Property Maintenance
- April 7 - Human Resources
- April 21 - Marketing
- May 12 - Risk Management and Legal
- May 25 - Resident Experience & Review
CAM Program Requirements: CAM candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAM designation-
- A minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience,
- Have successfully completed CAM coursework, and
- Meet all examination requirements within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAM
Are you ready to take your CAM? Use the CAM readiness, self-assessment tool below.