CAM - Certified Apartment Manager
Set yourself apart from the crowd as a nationally recognized CAM designate!
Certified Apartment Manager
Module I of our Spring session begins Thursday March 9th!
Currently considered the BEST OVERALL property management program from Bob Vila, the Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) is a vital link between the resident and the community owners and investors. Earning your CAM credential gives you the knowledge to increase your community’s net operating income. Whether you’re new to apartment management or a long-time property manager, you’ll enhance your skills, knowledge, and ability to effectively manage an apartment community and achieve its owners’ investment goals.
Earning your CAM credential allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and ability to manage an apartment community and achieve owners’ investment goals.
You'll learn about:
- Occupancy rates
- Comprehensive marketing plans
- Sales team management and product readiness
- Equitable treatment of current and potential residents
- Resident retention and the maintenance of a positive company image
- Consistent and ongoing resident communication
- Positive resident service and issue resolution
- Enforcement of company policy in compliance with laws and regulations
- Property inspections
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Service request process
- Apartment turnover process
- Contractors and vendors
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training of high-caliber employees
- Systematic employee evaluation
- Employment regulations and record-keeping
- Analysis of the property’s financial operations with corrective actions for underperformance
- Monitoring of property performance to achieve the owner’s investment goals
- Accounting principles and practices
- Maximizing net operating income
- Reporting property performance honestly and accurately
Thank you to our CAM Sponsors!
Interested in sponsoring a CAM course? Email Heather at Heather@aago.org
- Members: $975
- APASS Exclusive: $875
- Non-Members: $1,449
- March 9th: Industry Essentials and Financials
- March 30th: Property Maintenance
- April 6th: Human Resources
- April 20th: Marketing
- May 4th: Risk Management and Legal
- May 23rd: Resident Experience & Review
AAGO will make every effort to keep the dates listed above. Please understand dates may be subject to change.
CAM Program Requirements: CAM candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAM designation-
- A minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience,
- Have successfully completed CAM coursework, and
- Meet all examination requirements within 6 months of declaring candidacy for CAM
Are you ready to take your CAM? Use the CAM readiness, self-assessment tool below.