Each module of the Future Leaders Program will start promptly at 9:00 AM and will conclude at 5:00 PM.
Registration will begin at 8:30 AM
Too often, individuals are looked over for leadership roles due to lack of training and skill development. No longer! AAGO is introducing our brand new Future Leader Program for Assistant Managers and Assistant Maintenance Technicians. Attendees will learn essential skills and techniques to gain the knowledge and understanding they need to become tomorrow’s leaders. In addition, attendees will be paired up with a Mentor and along with creating their own development plan, they will work with their Mentor to set specific personal and professional goals.
"As an Assistant Property Manager, I had the desire to grow in my career and become a Property Manager. Participating in the Future Leaders Program gave me an amazing foundation to prepare for that next step in my career. Learning how to develop the skills and mindset to view circumstances and situations from a managerial perspective versus an employee perspective was a revitalizing experience.
Taking the invaluable knowledge I gained about time and financial management, team development, and proper perspectivity, I am happy to share that I was promoted to Property Manager. I am so thankful to have been a part of the inaugural future leader’s class and highly recommend the program to anyone looking for their next step."
Victoria Golliday-Williams, Property Manager with The Bainbridge Companies
One of the most unique aspects of this program is our Mentorship. This year, attendees are encouraged to attend our first-ever, Speed Mentoring Session, hosted in partnership with our Young Professionals Committee!
When: Wednesday, Septemeber 11, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Attendees will meet with a dozen mentors and choose one person to be their mentor through the entirety of the program. Attendees are expected to complete all four modules and are highly encouraged to spend time outside of normal business hours with their mentor.
Future Leaders Modules
*Click on the instructor names above to view their profiles.*
Day 1: Thursday, September 12
- Leadership Skills/Traits with Workshop and Delegating, Brainstorming and Prioritizing
- Instructors: Desiree Starr, Senior Vice President of Program Development, AAGO and Heather Alzate, Senior Community Manager, PRG Real Estate.
Day 2: Friday, September 13
- Hiring; Development Plans.
- Instructors: Lori Agudo, Regional Trainer, Royal American
Day 3: Thursday, September 26
- Transitioning from Peer to Boss
- Instructors: Lia McConnell; Area Vice President, The Bainbridge Companies
- Financial Management and Bootcamp
- Instructors: with Ricardo Alicea, Regional Vice President, Collier Companies
Day 4: Friday, September 27
- Eat the Frog: A Lesson On Effective Time Management
- Decision Making
$179 for APASS Subscribers
$199 Member / $250 Non-Member