Fair Housing and Beyond
Instructor: Doug Chasick
Class Time: 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM (Registration starts at 8:30 AM)
Continuing Education Credit: 6 CEC’s
This interactive session uses DVD-delivered scenarios to demonstrate how real-life situations require critical thinking and prudent decision making. It vividly shows the serious consequences of incorrect responses and provides coaching on how to avoid costly mistakes. This session delivers relevant knowledge of fair housing essentials-practical explanations of how federal, state, and local protected classes and barred discriminatory acts impact property operations.
You’ll learn how to
- Identify classes protected under federal anti-discrimination law
- Identify state or local government protections that may exceed federal protections
- Explain how fair housing rights extend to all residents and guests of lease signatories
- Recognize the difference in discrimination between “differential treatment” and “disparate impact”
- Define “reasonability” in terms of reasonable accommodations and modifications
- Identify the need for Fair Housing education of staff, the property owner, and the vendors contracted to the property
- Identify excuses and justifications for discriminatory practices in order to remove them
If you’re a regional manager, community manager, leasing consultant, maintenance technician, or supplier partner, we reccomend this course!
- APASS: $99
- Members: $109
- Non-Members: $119
For More Information:
NAAEI and IREM have partnered to develop this coursework and education initiative. NAAEI represents the education and career development division of NAA, while IREM serves as a professional association for managers of income-producing properties worldwide.